If you’re having a problem with the Internal Revenue Service, you know that it can be an incredibly burdensome experience. You may feel like there is no end in sight and that you will be spending years sorting out the taxes you owe.
At R.L. Hinton, CPA, PC, we are here to help you resolve these issues as quickly and effectively as possible—putting an end to the stress the IRS is putting you through. While these problems will not go away on their own, you can overcome them with a sound strategy and proper planning.
IRS audits, back taxes, wage garnishments and other issues
The following are the common IRS problems with which we can assist:
• IRS audits: We handle all aspects of working with the IRS—including direct contact and filing necessary paperwork—to resolve any issues. This allows you to focus on your job or business.
• Back taxes: Tax penalties and interest can add up quickly. We deliver a range of options to help you address unpaid taxes, using our proven strategies and expertise in the tax code.
• Non-filed returns: Failing to file taxes could result in fines and even jail time. We help you avoid penalties whenever possible, getting you back on the right track.
• Payroll tax issues: If your business does not meet its payroll tax obligations, the penalties can be severe. In fact, this is one of the most serious IRS-related problem you could face.
• Tax levies: In many instances, we can get IRS levies released and dig you out of a tough situation. We work to get you all caught up with your tax obligations as quickly as possible so that you can get on with your life.
• Tax liens: When the IRS files a lien against you, it negatively impacts your credit report and may prevent you from borrowing money or even obtaining a checking account. This can cause serious challenge down the road.
• Offer in compromise: You may be able to settle your IRS debt for a much lower amount than you owe thanks to the agency’s offer in compromise program. It’s a valuable resource for those dealing with tax trouble.
• IRS seizures: In some cases, the IRS may try to seize personal assets like your vehicle, home, jewelry, insurance policies and retirement accounts. This can be entirely unfair, and we work to prevent it from happening to you.
• Spousal relief: If your spouse placed you in a difficult tax position without your knowledge, there are programs available to help you out of the mess. We know these programs well and can assist with working your way out of an unfair situation.
• Wage garnishment: We negotiate the best-possible repayment plan for you, allowing you to still receive all or most of your paycheck without suffering from unfair wage garnishment.
Speak with a skilled financial professional to address your tax problems
If you owe the IRS money or are dealing with a wide range of other tax-related challenges, contact us right away by calling 770-729-4470.